To configure UICollectionView or UITableView completely in plist is the desire of all developers. To translate a plist to a UIComponent, the basic steps would be:
- Read the content of a plist file into a Dictionary
- Transform the Dictionary’s key/value into appropriate Objective-C data: f.e: “xxFont”:”Helvetica-Bold(8-12)” to UIFont object.
- Set these data accordingly to the elements (which will need to recursively use step 2).
When creating a simple program, there are a few things to do to make a program better:
- Add MapView
- Add Tests
- Add Plist configurable reusable components
- Change String to numbers
- Memory management
- Add sorting, filtering, search