Time is a new currency
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, written by Stephen Covey, listed “BE PROACTIVE” as the first habit of all. Being Proactive is firstly about your use of resources, effectively utilising resources to generate actions. With a single purpose: to become more productive each and everyday. In modern life, each person has 3 main resources, the person who convert resources to actions will achieve successes:
- Time: there is a limited amount of time in your life, anything is based on time.
- Energy: more energy gives you more time per day, also the quality of your time also depends on your energy level.
- Mind: this is the machine that you use to do anything, the more efficient machine you have, the more you can do. Like a computer, mind consists of processor and memory. Memory also has levels – the temporary (like RAM) and the long-term (like hard disk).
By keeping a structured mind-map in your RAM, the understanding of concepts and your experience, and let the external resources help you store the details (you don’t need to remember everything), you will free your mind to do the thing it does best: – to deduce new wisdom from existing base of knowledge and wisdom.
To become a really good developer, one needs love and sacrifice – putting in large amount of time and thoughts. The greater is one’s desire, the greater is one’s outcome.
The habits of a highly effective iOS developer:
0. Study Algorithms
- Algorithms Review
- Training: CareerCup and HackerRank and Codility
- Learning iOS: objc.io and Wenderlich
1. Have deep foundation
- iOS Developer’s knowledge,
- Learn from the best ( like http://objc.io/ )
- READ (blogs like http://nshipster.com/ or http://www.raywenderlich.com/)
Some best posts:
- Testing: http://blog.lesspainful.com/2012/03/07/Calabash-iOS/
- Debugging: http://www.peterfriese.de/debugging-tips-for-ios-developers/
- iOS guy went to Apple: http://cleveryou.net
- Blocks: http://blog.parse.com/2013/02/05/objective-c-blocks-quiz/
- Swift news: https://developer.apple.com/swift/blog/
- Crashes Organizer in Xcode 6
- iOS App File System,
- Sandboxing: Design for Sandbox, Sandbox in Depth
- Secure Coding: Apple Secure Coding Guide
- ARM: ARMv6_v7
4. Using Tools
5. Freelancing (, or )
7. Learn new languages
- “Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we learn. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and prejudices and the acceptance of love back in our hearts. Love is the essential reality and our purpose on earth. To be consciously aware of it, to experience love in ourselves and others, is the meaning of life. Meaning does not lie in things. Meaning lies in us.”
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
- You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do.
- “The spiritual path — is simply the journey of living our lives. Everyone is on a spiritual path; most people just don’t know it.”